scripsit

Elias presents ... a worm!    Thoughts on family, philosophy,
and technology

Profile

Monday, January 17, 2005

Eli turned 5 months this weekend

He's considering two things at this time in his life: (a) crawling; and (b) having teeth. I think he will let us know his decision on both issues very soon. I will be supportive no matter what direction he goes on these lifestyle issues.

The weekend started with Amy selling a painting at Lara's CD-release party, which is very cool. I've always known her stuff would sell, there is a market for it if only it gets shown to the public. We were scrambling last week to frame the largest paintings, and I think the ones we made with Home Depot boards and Elmer's glue turned out pretty good.

The ice came after Amy got home Friday night. So we didn't leave the house again until our cars and steep driveway melted on Sunday afternoon. But we did have visitors, which was fun.

And we started watching my Star Wars DVD last night. It's actually a pretty good story. Amazing that it came out in '77. I remember being 6-years-old on vacation in San Francisco and at a tourist-trap T-shirt booth with my mom, with the salesman explaining how I really should get this blue T-shirt with a detailed Star Wars picture print on the front, because that movie was about to come out and it is going to be BIG. I wasn't so sure, I had no idea what it was, but that print looked neat and important, and my mom was enthusiastic. I probably wore that shirt the rest of the summer.

Now how many times have I seen Star Wars and never noticed, until yesterday, that when Luke and Obi-wan Kenobi first talk they both mention "the clone wars"?

1 Comments:

  • At 1:23 PM , Blogger Pevil said...

    Wow, you were hip to the Star Wars before everyone else. Look at you!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home