scripsit

Elias presents ... a worm!    Thoughts on family, philosophy,
and technology

Profile

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

The Fullness of Life

How can it be that I haven't posted in two weeks? Time is really flying. But at the same time I've been appreciating every hour, because I want to do so much and squeeze so much into each day.

Eli has raised the bar for what I'm willing to spend my time on. TV was an easy victim, but sleep isn't going quietly. I've been trying to get up at 5am, with varying success, in order to get some philosophy and excercise in before I start taking care of Eli at 6:30am.

Isn't this always the case, that when you have more that you have to do, you become more productive in everything else too? Me, I've started back into studying Latin. I'm reading Harrius Potter et Philosophi Lapis. On page 2 after about 4 hours.

The Genius has this to say: "In the spiritual realm, the currency -- which exists in limited quantity and must be teleologically measured in the pursuit of any value -- is time, i.e., one's life." You value what you spend time on. And vice versa.

0 Comments:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home