scripsit

Elias presents ... a worm!    Thoughts on family, philosophy,
and technology

Profile

Friday, March 17, 2006

IE7+WPF will do the trick, actually

I was underestimating Microsoft's revolution in that previous post: their new networked-software stack will work in IE7, just as long as it is running on a machine sporting the Windows Presentation Foundation. And it seems WPF is being backported to Windows XP. And Microsoft even plans to create plug-ins for other browsers so that XAML/WPF apps will run in Firefox on a WPF-enabled machine.

Did I say Trojan horse before? This is going to be a tidal wave.

I know which big programming book I'm going to read next. It is currently being written by the all-class Charles Petzold, who wrote the book I started reading on my first day at my first job after college:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home