scripsit

Elias presents ... a worm!    Thoughts on family, philosophy,
and technology

Profile

Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm out

The god-awful Charlie Gibson interview of Sarah Palin has disabused me of any notion that there is anyone or anything worth voting for anymore. That such conceited ignorance (figure that one out) and unblinking spinelessness could create, not just a tenable candidate for VP, but an instantaneous national celebrity, says all I need to know about the hopelessness of our culture. Obama and Palin are two halves of a very bad joke, and our lives are the butt.

As I watch these creatures spit up word salads designed to appeal to everyone except themselves, I don't think about them -- they don't actually exist in the way that matters; I think about Roark and how absurd the rest of the world is compared to an individual with a soul, that is, with an absolute love of his own life.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home