scripsit

Elias presents ... a worm!    Thoughts on family, philosophy,
and technology

Profile

Friday, July 07, 2006

A picture of thousands of words

Charles Petzold has put up a snapshot of the draft of his next book, which I will buy when it is published. Again, this is one of the things I love about the Internet and especially blogs: connecting, however slightly, with the minds and lives of interesting strangers in a way previously impossible. Some might think there is nothing about Mr. Petzold to be found in a picture of some papers lying on his floor, but I would disagree. I find this to be a fun, viceral glimpse beyond the manufactured lifelessness of the pressed tome I might pick up at a bookstore in a few months. I enjoy seeing the intense mental labor that went into this book, it primes my appreciation for it.

0 Comments:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home